Official Bags League Rules
Behavior & Conduct
- Each player is required to display good sportsmanship, and respect to the staff and other players at all times.
- Unsportsmanlike conduct or rude, aggressive, vulgar language/behavior may result in either ejection from the game or by being banned from the league altogether.
- All players must be 21 years of age.
- Team rosters shall include a minimum of 2 players
- No gender requirement
- Rounds 1-4: Players may not substitute for each other during a round. Only after a round is complete may players trade out. A team may switch out players mid-round only on the 5th round.
- Subs are allowed during the regular season, but must be the appropriate skill level for that division (e.g. a competitive player can't sub in a social division). Subs from outside the league should be added to your team roster by the captain.
- If a team does not have 2 players available for a match, they may recruit players from within the league to sub on their team. However, to avoid a forfeit, at least 1 of the players must be their own (i.e. you can’t play with an entire team of subs from other teams).
- Late Registration: a team may add players to their roster during the regular season.
- Each match will be 5 rounds with a 75 minute time limit. Each round won will be worth 1 point in the league standings.
- Rounds are played to 21 points.
- You do NOT need to win by 2. First team to reach (or exceed) 21 points wins the round.
- No new rounds may be started after 70 minutes.
- If a round is in progress at the conclusion of 75 minutes, that round shall be called and the round shall be awarded to the team with the highest score.
- If 4 or less rounds were played during the match, additional 'sudden death' rounds will be played for the remaining points. After everyone has thrown at least once, the first team to take the lead wins the point.
Rules of Play
- Cornhole rules of play are those of the American Cornhole Organization. Those rules can be found here: http://americancornhole.com/aco-official-rules-for-the-sport-of-cornhole/
- No rollers.
- Players are responsible for keeping score of points in each individual round and also keeping score of rounds won.
- Players must throw in a timely manner as judged by the League official.
- Each match score will be recorded by a League official.
- All questions of rule play will be directed to the League official.
- All equipment, including boards and bags shall be provided by the League.
- No new subs/players for the postseason tournament
- Any team not ready to play within 15 minutes of the posted game time shall forfeit, and the opposing team shall take a default win 5-0.