Official Bags League Rules
Behavior & Conduct
- Each player is required to display good sportsmanship, and respect to the staff and other players at all times.
- Unsportsmanlike conduct or rude, aggressive, vulgar language/behavior may result in either ejection from the game or by being banned from the league altogether.
- All players must be 21 years of age.
- Team rosters shall include a minimum of 2 players
- No gender requirement
- Rounds 1-4: Players may not substitute for each other during a round. Only after a round is complete may players trade out. A team may switch out players mid-round only on the 5th round.
- Subs from outside the league are allowed during the regular season
- If a team does not have 2 players available for a match, they may recruit players from within the league to sub on their team. However, to avoid a forfeit, at least 1 of the players must be their own (i.e. you can’t play with an entire team of subs from other teams).
- Late Registration: a team may add players to their roster during the regular season.
- Practice Rules - The 10 minutes before the match starts is the designated warm up time for both teams. If a team arrives late, they may request to have 1 warm up round before starting play.
- Each match will be 5 rounds.
- Rounds are played to 21 points. You do NOT need to win by 2. First team to reach (or exceed) 21 points wins the round.
- Each round won will be worth 1 point in the league standings.
- For early games, there is a 75 minute time limit (see below). Time limit is NOT enforced for the late round of games when no games are scheduled behind it.
- If a round is in progress at the conclusion of 75 minutes, that round shall be called and the round shall be awarded to the team with the highest score.
- If 4 or less rounds were played during the match, additional 'sudden death' rounds will be played for the remaining points. After everyone has thrown at least once, the first team to take the lead wins the point.
- The winning team will record the score of the match at the league scoring table.
Rules of Play
- Cornhole rules of play are those of the American Cornhole Organization. Those rules can be found here: http://americancornhole.com/aco-official-rules-for-the-sport-of-cornhole/
- No rollers.
- Players are responsible for keeping score of points in each individual round and also keeping score of rounds won.
- Players must throw in a timely manner as judged by the League official.
- Each team will stay in their designated lane (see below). Teams shall switch sides for each game.
- All equipment, including boards and bags shall be provided by the League.
- No new subs/players for the postseason tournament
- Any team not ready to play within 10 minutes of the posted game time shall forfeit the first game. If the team is not ready to play within 15 minutes of the posted game time, the opposing team shall take a default win 5-0.