Soccer League (Wednesdays)
Soccer is being added to the social club! We will be playing at the Kirkwood Recreation Complex this summer. Join us for our first season as we bring some fun to the south side of town! Due to scheduling conflicts and the rental needing to be done by mid-August when students return, this will be a shorter 5-week mini-league.
- 21-and-over league
- This league is for fun and is meant for the recreational to intermediate player
- Games are played at the new Kirkwood Recreation Complex, a beautiful facility with well-maintained fields (with sprinkler system), lights, painted lines, solid metal 24' x 8' goals and room for up to a 100 x 70 yard field.
- Co-ed, 9 vs 9 play & fast-paced (minimum 4 females on the field for each team)
- Team roster minimum is 11, with at least 5 of each gender. Recommended roster size is 13 players (7 guys, 6 gals).
- League shirt included in your team color with your choice of dri-fit style or tank-top. T-Shirts are 100% polyester with moisture-wicking. June 15th is firm cutoff for team shirts.
- Games played on Wednesday nights starting July 11
- 4-week regular season + postseason game for each team on the 5th week with the chance to win prizes.
- Games played between 6:05 PM - 9:40 PM.; 50-minute games; 1 game per week; start time will vary each week. Start times at 6:05, 7:00, 7:55 & 8:50.
- 2 independent referees included for each game
- Socializing after the games at Jersey's Pub & Grub. $2.00 Bud Light, Bud & Busch Light tallboys with league shirt!
- Sign up as an individual 'free agent', small group (placed on the same team), or complete team
- Shin guards are required for all players in this league
Understanding our sign-up options:
- Team Pricing – Team is paid entirely upfront by the captain when they sign up the team. This option is only available when captain creates a team. This is a great option for those having large teams, especially company teams, as the team price does not increase no matter the amount of players and up to 13 team shirts are included. Additional shirts may be purchased for $9.
- Individual Pricing – Our Most Popular Option. A team captain signs up the team just paying for him or herself and each player on the team is responsible for paying the individual fee when they register. This option helps our awesome team captains not have to worry about collecting money, which we know is a major hassle sometimes!
- Free Agents / Small Groups - Just select the Free Agent (if by yourself) or the Small Group (if with a friend or three) option and we will take care of the rest and get you placed on a team!
Questions? Contact Brian at 319-804-8512 or Brian@CRsportandsocial.com
JUNE 15TH IS DEADLINE TO REGISTER OR WHEN FULL. MAX 8 TEAMS. MUST BE 21 & OVER TO REGISTER.
|Official Rules:||9 vs 9 Soccer Rules|
|Location:||Cedar Rapids - Kirkwood Recreation Complex|
Now — Jul 12, '18 Standard
Jul 13, '18 — Jul 25, '18 Late - No Shirt
|Team Roster:||11 Players Minimum, at least 5 of each gender. No Maximum.|
|First Game Date:||Wednesday, July 11, 2018|
|Last Game Date:||Wednesday, August 8, 2018|
|Postseason Format:||Top 2 teams|
|Individual Price:||Standard $43.50 + taxLate - No Shirt $38.50 + tax (See Refund Policy)|
|Team Price:||Standard $475.00 + taxLate - No Shirt $38.50 + tax per person (See Refund Policy)|