Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is this club affiliated with the city?
A: No, we are completely independent. We put our members first, listen to your feedback and work tirelessly to make sure YOU have a great experience.
Q: Do you have annual membership fees or monthly meetings?
Q: Do I need to be a member to join?
A: No, anyone over 21 can create a free account on our website and sign up!
Q: Do I need a full team to sign up for a league?
A: For most of our leagues, your can sign up as an individual 'free agent' or group of friends and be assigned to the same team. Check the program page for that league for full details. We offer individual pricing and team pricing options for most leagues.
Q: Do we need to pay the referees each week like the other leagues in town?
A: No, you do not have to scramble to find cash each week! For programs that provide referees, the league fees are all-inclusive for the season and also include a league shirt.
Q: How are league standings determined?
A: Initial standings are determined by the number of league points (PTS). In the event of a tie, the following tie-breaking rules are used. If there is still a tie after a given tie-breaking rule is applied, the next one in the list is used. Note - our bowling leagues may have special rules for ties. Check league rulebook for full details.
- Head-to-head. If the teams met during the regular season, the team with the better record versus the other wins. If the teams did not meet, head-to-head shall be considered a tie.
- Win-Loss-Tie Percentage
- Strength of Victory (SOV). The average of the records of a team's defeated opponents for each instance in which they competed. Teams which defeat teams with good records have a higher SOV than teams which defeat with poor records.
- Strength of Schedule (SOS). Two times the average of a team's played opponents + the average of the a team's opponent's opponents, divided by 3. Assesses the relative difficulty of a team's schedule.
- Points Against (PA). The team with the lowest number of points scored against them wins.
- Points For (PF). The team with the highest number of points scored against opponents wins.
- Team with the awesomest name.
Q: Are subs allowed?
A: Unregistered subs are not allowed in most of our leagues or tournaments. In most leagues however, if you are short players for a regular season game, you can recruit players from other teams in the league to sub. Check the league rulebook for full details.
Q: What is your refund policy?
A: Customers may cancel their registration and receive a complete refund if the request is made on or before the league's posted registration deadline. To request a refund prior to the registration deadline, please contact us. In the event that a league is canceled due to insufficient sign-ups or for any other reason, customers will receive a complete refund of their registration fee. If payment was made online via PayPal, the refund will be issued via PayPal. Alternatively, the customer may opt for credit toward a different current or future league.
Q: Can I still sign up after the registration deadline?
A: There are 3 possible ways to sign up after the registration deadline:
- Join an Existing Team: A team captain can add you to his or her team at any time through the 2nd game, regardless of the registration deadline. Please contact your team captain. He or she can log in to the website and use the "Invite Players" feature on the team profile. You will then receive an email invitation that will allow you to register with that team. Note that the $5 late registration fee will be added to the pro-rated value of the remaining games of the season.
- Start a New Team: If you are the team captain and want to register an entire team (with a complete roster), it is possible that we could still get you in. Please contact us.
- Free Agent: If you don't have a team, registration for free agents is available only as indicated on the league information page.
Q: What is your game cancellation policy?
A: When a game is canceled due to weather or any other reason, we will notify players via the following channels:
- This website (see your league's schedule page)
- Facebook group
- Text message (if subscribed)
Q: How do I use my player credit?
A: Player credit is sometimes given out as a prize, a refund or for other various reasons. Player credit on your account will come off automatically at checkout for an individual registration. As of 9-1-17 we are still working on getting player credit to work with team pricing. If you want to use your credit towards a team registration, please contact brian@CRsportandsocial.com
Q: Do I need to be 21 to play?
Q: Why do I have to pay sales tax on my league fee?
A: The Iowa Dept. of Revenue says this organization falls under 'commercial recreation' and is subject to state sales tax.